Maximizing Social Security is a workshop designed for those looking for options in when and how to take their Social Security. This course will provide you with much needed information to help you understand the system, coordinate spousal and survivor benefits, minimize taxes, and maximize your personal benefits. Attendees will receive a workbook.
This course provides a fundamental working knowledge of the Social Security program as it applies to retirement planning. The materials cover the history of Social Security, how to qualify for benefits, spousal benefits, widow & widower benefits, taxation of benefits, working while you receive benefits, issues involved in claiming benefits early, and strategies to maximize your benefits while developing an income stream in retirement.
This is not a financial seminar; this is a financial course of study where you will leave with the knowledge and information needed to make decisions about Social Security benefits.
The objectives of this course are to provide you with the tools, insight, and proven strategies that will allow you to make informed decisions about Social Security. This course will teach you easy-to-understand strategies on how to maximize your benefits.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
1. Know the history of Social Security
2. Understand the reductions for taking benefits early
3. Be acquainted with the issues involved in the solvency of Social Security
4. Estimate your benefits
5. Estimate the taxation of your benefits
6. Understand the reasons for late claiming of benefits
7. Know your spousal, divorced spouse, widow, & widower benefits
8. Understand how the COLAs affect benefits
9. Know the reduction of benefits while you work
10. Know where Social Security fits in with your other source of income